Ms. Armeni is a shareholder in the firm’s Government Investigations & Business Crimes Department. She focuses her practice in areas of litigation, specifically criminal law and civil rights.
Ms. Armeni gained great insight in legal court proceedings while serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Joseph T. Bonaventure of the Eighth Judicial District Court in Las Vegas, Nevada. As an attorney, she has participated in the only impeachment hearing of a Nevada public official, assisted in several high profile criminal cases tried in both the United States District Court and Eighth Judicial District Court. She has also been successful in civil rights actions against the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, most recently receiving a jury award of approximately 2.1 million dollars.
Ms. Armeni represents clients with a variety of issues, including:
- Defense of medical professionals in criminal litigation
- Defense of fraud and embezzlement
- Defense of individuals charged with drug offenses
- Defense of felony and misdemeanor assault and battery offenses
- Defense of homicide
- Defense of vehicular offenses; misdemeanor and felony DUI/manslaughter offenses
- Defense of professional athletes in criminal litigation
- Defense of individuals charged with Internet crimes
- Victim representation
- Internal investigations related to corporate misconduct
- Represented a client in a civil rights action where the jury awarded in excess of 2 million dollars in damages; Ninth Circuit affirmed the judgment.
- Represented a client in a civil rights action where the jury awarded a damage award in excess of $100,000 including punitive damages; Ninth Circuit affirmed the judgment.
- Represented a client in the Ninth Circuit and successfully defended the denial of summary judgment by the district court judge.
- Represented a client charged with murder; client was acquitted.
- Represented a client charged with activities related to mortgage fraud. Despite a 46-month sentence recommended, was able to obtain a sentence with no jail time.
- Represented a client charged with social security fraud, client received probationary sentence.
- Represented a client charged with attempted murder; client acquitted on attempted murder charge and received probation on remaining counts.
- Represented a client in mortgage fraud case where the government was recommending a 12-month sentence of incarceration, client received one month of incarceration.
- Represented a client in a drug case where successful in suppressing all evidence seized resulting in a dismissal of the case.
Ms. Armeni was selected as the recipient of the Myrna Williams Children's Pro Bono Award by the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada. This award is given in honor of Myrna Williams, and recognizes an attorney who has done an extraordinary job in giving a voice to our communities' most vulnerable victims.
Ms. Armeni also received the “40 Under 40” Award from the Las Vegas Business Press for 2012 and received the inaugural Young Lawyer of the Year Award from the State Bar of Nevada in 2011. She has been selected as a Super Lawyer in 2014 and recognized by Super Lawyers® Magazine as Mountain States Rising Star for years 2009-2013. This tremendous distinction is shared by only 2.5% of the state's total attorneys. In 2009, she received the inaugural William S. Boyd School of Law 2008 College Alumni of the Year.
Ms. Armeni was selected by her peers as one of the top attorneys in Nevada and recognized in the Nevada Business Journal as a Legal Elite. She is among only 1% of Nevada attorneys to be named as such in 2012 - 2013. She was also selected as one of Nevada Business Magazine's, Top 50 Up & Coming Attorneys for 2012 as well as a VEGAS INC. Top Lawyer.
Ms. Armeni has been rated as an “AV/Preeminent Attorney®” by Martindale-Hubbell®. She is also a member of the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada “50 Hours Club” for her donated service.
- Board of Governors for State Bar of Nevada
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Nevada's Young Lawyer’s Section, Past Chair
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- William S. Boyd School of Law Alumni Association, Past President
- Nevada Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Past President
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- William S. Boyd School of Law Mentor Program, Mentor
- Transitioning into Practice Committee, a program the State Bar of Nevada has put into place to assist individuals who pass the bar, Member
- Las Vegas Business Academy, a program that offers scholarships and mentorships to students obtaining their master’s degrees, Chief Legal Officer
- Nevada High School Mock Trial Competition, Judge
- Trial by Peers Program, Volunteer
- Muscular Dystrophy Association, Volunteer